facebook twitter linkedin youtube

Free Consultation 847-662-3303

Global English
Spanish Español
Polish Polski
French Français
Italian Italiano
Korean 한국어

Procedure Following a Tollway Accident in Illinois

 Posted on December 00, 0000 in Car Accidents

Car accident, Car crash, Chicago car accident lawyer, Illinois car accident lawyer, Serious car accidents, tollway accident, tollway maintenanceTollway accidents can be some of the most common motor vehicle accidents that occur in the state of Illinois, due to the number of highways that are toll roads.

If a driver is involved in a tollway accident, the Illinois Tollway website notes that the first step to handling this type of accident (pending no injuries occurred and all involved vehicles are able to be operated) is to drive to the closest plaza or facility for Tollway maintenance and request a "Tollway employee notify a trooper that you would like a crash report.”

Next, if the driver is able to move his or her vehicle, it is important to remove it from the road. The Illinois Tollway website states that leaving a car in place, even if just for police to see where the vehicle was, is dangerous and can be hazardous to both the involved drivers and other drivers on the highway.

Also, drivers may need to obtain a police report of the accident for insurance purposes. If so, the first step is obtaining verification that the Illinois State Police "handled the crash report.” This can be done by reviewing the “Investigated By” box in the upper left corner of the report. Also, a driver can visit the Illinois State Police District 15 headquarters in Downers Grove to submit a written request. The request, according to the Illinois Tollway, needs to include the agency report number, the IDOT number, the name of the driver and any passengers, and the date of the incident.

Because of the authority under which tollways are administered, it can be a more complicated process to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve to get your life back on track. The importance of having an experienced Chicago car accident lawyer on your side to go through the process cannot be overstated. Do not go through it alone. Contact Salvi & Maher, L.L.C. today.

Share this post:

Contact a Lake County Vehicle Accident Attorney Who is Ready to Help You

If you or a member of your family has been injured in a motor vehicle accident, contact our office. Call 847-662-3303 to set up a free initial consultation at one of our four convenient locations. There is no risk because we only collect fees if you collect compensation. With offices in Libertyville, Waukegan, Richmond, and Chicago, we represent clients in Lake County, Cook County, DuPage County, and McHenry County.

Back to Top